Nicknames: Lion Triangle, The Trimark Lion
Logo: Over a black background, we see gold stripes coming from the bottom of the screen. They turn to the right and form a triangle. The profile of a lion's head is revealed through 'wind' effects. TRIMARK PICTURES wipes in below.
1. Originally, this logo faded out to make room for the text reading 'A DIVISION OF VIDMARK INC.' This variant was used from 1990 until 1994. One of the example movies to use this was Leprechaun.
2. Closing: We have a print logo of the Trimark Pictures logo with the letter 'A' above and the stacked words, TRIMARK PICTURES RELEASE below the logo.
3. On the trailer for Warlock, it just has the words TRIMARK PICTURES on a black background. PICTURES is stretched out below TRIMARK.
FX/SFX: The stripes flying, the lion appearing, text wiping down.
Music/Sounds: A synthesizer that mixes into a triumphant fanfare with a boom. Sometimes, it is silent or the opening theme from any given film is heard.
1. There is also a variant of it, in the which the end is longer, and instead of a boom, there is a loud WHOOSH.
2. Another variant has no ending BOOM.
Availability: Uncommon. Seen intact on older VHS, Laserdisc, and DVD releases of films such as Warlock 1-3, Black Magic Woman, Leprechaun 1-5, Chairman of the Board, Meet Wally Sparks, Teresa's Tattoo, Return of the Living Dead 3, The Stoned Age, Love and a .45, The Favor, the Watch and the Very Big Fish, Sprung, Metamorphosis: The Alien Factor, and The Dentist 1 and 2, among others. The last film with this logo was Turbulence 3: Heavy Metal. This is also seen after the 1990 Walt Disney Pictures logo on the 1995 film A Kid in King Arthur's Court. It makes a surprise appearance at the beginning and end of the Echo Bridge Home Entertainment DVD of The Little Patriot (released as Sign of the Otter: The Little Patriot).
Scare Factor: Low to medium. The dark nature and ominous music could get to some.