Nicknames: Northern Lights, R2, The Haze, Renegade R, The Powerade Logo, S in Reverse
Logo: Over a black background, a blue light draws a stylized "R". As we pan out, the glowing from the "R" stops, and "REGENCY" turns towards us under the "R". The logo shines.
Variant: Starting with 12 Years a Slave, the logo has an enhanced look where the light is purple, and the "R" and "REGENCY" text are a lighter shade of blue.
FX/SFX: The light effects. Good animation.
Music/Sounds: Originally it was silent, but starting with Bogus in 1996, a mystical orchestral tune with a flute is heard. The music was composed and written by Danny Elfman, and is a truncated sample of the main title theme from the 1993 film Sommersby, which was a Regency production. There is also a faint whoosh as the "R" is drawn, as well as some cymbal crashes as the logo shines.
- On some films, the opening theme plays instead.
- On Free Willy 2: The Adventure Home, the blowing of the wind is heard in the background as the eagle cries while the "R" is forming. The eagle cries again as the logo shines.
- On Carpool, we hear birds chirping, and after the sequence, we hear a car horn honking, and Daniel (David Paymer) calls out, "Let's go, let's go! It's a school day, not a carnival day!" before the logo fades out.
- On Free Willy 3: The Rescue, the music starts a little earlier while the visual starts a little later.
- On a couple 1999-2002 films, the very beginning of the music plays alongside the tail end of the 20th Century Fox logo's music when the said logo fades out to black.
Availability: Common. It's seen on any film produced by Regency from 1994 to 2015. Also appeared on licensed videogames, such as Fight Club. That logo first appeared on The Client, and made its final appearance on The Revenant.
Editor's Note: None.
Nicknames: R2 II, The Powerade Logo 2, Silver R, S in Reverse 2
Logo: We see the top of the R forming and it zooms down showing both the rest of the top and the bottom form and the logo zooms out to show the R, similar to the last logo, but silver color fills in, and on an aquamarine background, the text "REGENСY" in Blair appears from right to left in the same color.
FX/SFX: Amazing CGI!
Music/Sounds: Like before, originally none or the opening theme of the movie, but starting with Little Women (2019), the fanfare from the previous logo is heard.
Availability: First appeared on the trailer for the film adaptation of Assassin's Creed. The fully animated version debuted on Rules Don't Apply.
Editor's Note: A great update to the previous logo, which pairs even better with the 1996 theme.